CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 23 March 2013

Babies and Puppies

So, fair warning, this is going to be another whiny post.

I have scheduled the surgery for my pup to have his manhood removed for April 2.  Since the vet is over two hours away, and in the same city that the inlaws live in, we figured that we'd go in the night before and stay over.  We have to have pup at the vet by 7 am, so it makes sense to stay over.

Hubby called his parents today to just confirm that we could go - it was supposed to be an easy call of simply informing them that we were coming.  It turned into us not being able to go after all.

As I understand it, BIL is going to be there that same night since he is flying somewhere the next day.  Since he will have the baby there, we aren't allowed to have the dog there.  It was stated in very clear terms - the dog is not allowed when the baby is here.

Now, I get that my dog is hyper.  He's nearly a year old so he's got tons of energy, and he's at that adolescent stage so that means he doesn't want to listen well either.  We're working on that.  But he loves everyone he comes in contact with and I've never seen him get vicious at any point in his life (and if any dog had the reason, it would be him considering where he came from).

I get the fear of having a big dog near a baby.  But come on, I would never leave him off leash or let him that close to the baby.  I know he doesn't know his own strength and can be damned pushy.  But is that a reason to outlaw him?  Apparently so.

It's gotten to the point where I feel like we're not welcome in the inlaw's house because of the dog.  MIL hates the dog.  She claims she doesn't, but she actually cringes when he's around. FIL loves him, but we know who runs the place.  I told hubby tonight that she better get used to him because he's going to live to be 15 or so years old, and he travels with us.

I started thinking about what's going to happen if we manage to get pregnant.  I'm sure she will suggest we get rid of the dog.  And that statement will be met with a statement that will be not overly nice but clearly telling her off.  I adopted my dog and cats with the full understanding that they are mine to care for until they are done on this earth.  I don't  believe in just getting rid of them when it's not convenient.  I had no choice but to give my cat to my parents for a year while I was finishing school, but as soon as I moved into my own house, I took her back.  I missed her horribly while she was with them.  I love my pets.  I don't like the insinuation that they are bad or that people would dislike them.

It just pisses me off.  I know it's stupid, but my pets are my babies and I feel like when they are rejected, so am I.

3 comments:

Jenny

I totally get where you're coming from on this. My dogs have always been fully integrated members of the family for me. Like you, I wouldn't be able to shunt them off into a garage for the night to please someone else. And there is NO WAY I would be getting rid of my pets just because a baby was brought into the home. I actually think it's better for kids to be raised with animals.

Plus, it's just insulting that your MIL thinks that you wouldn't be responsible with your dog around a baby. Does she know you at all????

Anonymous

Your MIL is just wrong. She is being difficult- though it sounds like she has been for a while. It sucks. I hope she gets over some of this as the kid gets older. Otherwise you may never see the BIL's family.

gretnagardy78

農夫聊語音聊天室免費同城床友交友網亞洲BT黃色小說絲襪亂倫色圖0401影音視訊交友網
碧聊視頻語音聊天室免費ONS論壇櫻花成人視訊網美女色情人體圖片性小說網站台灣視訊辣妹
台灣甜心辣妹視訊九聊視頻語音聊天室ONS交友論壇夫妻生活娛樂網亞洲人體美女視訊辣妹
9聊視頻聊天室聊城市ONS交友免費寂寞交友聊天室美女黃色人體藝術圖片麻辣視訊聊天網
做愛裸聊室七聊視頻語音聊天室網上交友約炮在線聊天室你懂的成人性愛影片播放經典火辣視訊
語音聊天室免費房間網頁美女聊天室美女真人視訊聊天室性交電影免費在線免費麻辣視訊聊天
可樂視頻多人聊天室寂寞女找床友愛聊天室亂倫圖片小說裸體美女視頻無遮擋免費麻辣視訊
7聊語音聊天免費床友交友網臨時夫妻qq群情色人妻激情小說成人狠狠擼影院hot辣妺視訊網
7聊視頻聊天語音聊天成都美女約炮群床友網狠狠射亂倫小說亂倫亞洲色圖免費視訊 173 live
七聊視頻語音聊天室約炮論壇愛聊語音聊天室97ai蜜桃色小說美女圖片live 173免費視訊

Post a Comment