CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 7 June 2012

Puppy Update

So, still haven't heard from the rescue organization.  Two days ago I sent an email playing stupid, claiming that I wanted to know if they got it.  I thought that was the perfect way to get them to tell us whether we were approved or not.  The response I got was "We got it, thanks".  That's it.  I haven't heard anything since.  I started to look closer at their website and realised that the cost of the puppy ($200) does not include spay/neuter and that that comes out of your own pocket.  I emailed our vet and asked how much it would cost and they got back to me with a total of $275.  So, let's do the addition... that's about $475... for a mutt.  I'm sorry but I could nearly buy a purebreed for that... what is the incentive for getting a rescue dog?  Apparently from these guys... nothing!

So based on their lack of communication, the fact that the puppies are available in a week and nobody has contacted me, and their outrageous pricing... we started to look around.

We found a 3 month old black lab from a shelter in one city, and a brown 9 week old husky at another.  We really like the husky and are leaning toward it.  I have a feeling that we're going to end up with a second dog at some point... and maybe then we'll find a lab X which we both kinda want... but 3 months seems a bit old, we really want a really young pup, and we both think the husky is adorable.

So, I emailed the shelter about the husky - hopefully they will respond quickly, it is a reputable shelter, so I'm sure they will.  By the time I got home, I was too late to call them... but if I haven't heard by tomorrow at lunch I'm going to call.

We are willing to drive the three hours to pick him up this weekend if he's ready to go... so who knows, maybe we'll have a pup by Saturday afternoon!

3 comments:

Luna

I can't tell you the difference it has already made to me having my little pup at home. She cheers my days. I hope you get to bring your pup home soon!

peg

Now the organization for the first pup we wanted posted on FB. They put up a video showing the pups and sayin that they are available on the 22nd, not the 15th as they told us before. I'm starting to think that these guys just don't have a clue what they are doing!

Jenny

I think I told you that a lady I work with is the mother-in-law of the woman who runs that rescue organization. I'm afraid to say that my coworker has never had anything good to say about her daughter-in-law. Apparently she's well known for taking on more than she can chew, so I'm not very surprised that you haven't heard from them.

I hope you hear about the husky soon!

Post a Comment