CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Lonely Day

It was a lonely day. Well ok, it was a busy day... But still lonely.

My dad came over in the morning to till up my garden so I spent a bunch of time doing forced labour in the yard. I cleaned our driveway with our new pressure washer... It certainly is shiny clean now. I spent time playing fetch with the dog, and cleaned out his pool and refilled it. (Yes my dog has his own pool)

But despite everything the day was lonely. I was not alone. My husband was there. My father came over. The dog followed me everywhere. But the day was lonely.

Mother's Day. The worst day of the year for an infertile. Everyone is celebrating the one thing you don't or can't have. It just plain out sucks. I did manage to get through the day without crying which was a surprise. Then again, I'm pretty much numb and without emotion at this point.

But the day felt lonely. I felt abandoned. Only one of my friends thought to tell me that they were thinking of me. Everyone else went about their business, posting all their joys to FB, enjoying the day set out to value something I can't attain.

Don't get me wrong. I don't expect people to drop everything and fawn over me on a day which should be a celebration, BUT given that they know my struggles and how much becoming a mother means to me... I would have thought that a simple "hug" or "thinking of you" wouldn't have been too much to ask for.

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised given some of the thigh some of them have said about our struggles, but I guess I expected more.

Sigh

4 comments:

Evelyn

I concur. It sucks when people essentially ignore you.

Jenny

I'm sorry. I know I talked to you the night before, but I should have sent a message Sunday, too. :( For what it's worth, you were in my thoughts a lot. I know what a shit day it can be.

peg

No no Jen, you were the friend who I was talking about who did mention something. You acknowleged that it was going to be hard - it doesn't matter that it was the day before - I appreciated it!!

Jenny

Ok, that just makes me sad that I was the only one to acknowledge it, then. Sigh. I know that a lot of people probably don't know what to say or if they should say anything at all, but still...it would be nice if they realized that being ignored completely is so much worse.

Post a Comment