CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 2 October 2011

Party Like It's 1999

Yeah, but my body can't party like that anymore! lol

One of my coworkers who is having a difficult time with work right now, just bought a new house and wanted a staff gathering on Friday night after the home football game. We were supposed to go to my inlaws for lunch on Saturday, but thought we would go for a couple of hours. We figured that we would out of there by 9 at the latest. Well, 9 pm turned into 3:45 am!!! THat's right... you read that right... 3:45 am!!

I got there and while Mark was bringing in some stuff, our hostess offered me a drink. I declined and she said "oh are you driving?" Easy answer would have been yes, but I figured that she would see that Mark was drinking pop so I said "um, no". She right away pulled me aside and said "OMG...are you pregnant!!!!". I told her no, but since we were trying and I don't know if this month was successful I didn't want to drink. She completely understood and offered me some punch instead. All night she kept winking at me. She's very sweet and I think that she would be thrilled for me to get pregnant. She's about 24 and in her second year of teaching and just had her first wedding anniversary. I asked her once about kids, but she said that her husband wants to wait 5 or 6 years. I can get that... I can't imagine thinking of having kids at 24. I mean I knew at 12 that I wanted to be a mother, but the responsibility and all the rest of what comes with having kids... I can't imagine it at 24. At 35 sometimes it's too much for me!

Anyway, it was a good turn out for the party. About half the staff turned out and we had a good time. A few people came for one drink and left, then, around 9 we pulled out a couple of games and all hell broke loose. Craziness ensued. We started playing quarter chase around 10 pm. Now, I said I wasn't playing because I wasn't drinking but they were all really cool about it and said that I had to play but I could pass if I was the one who was supposed to drink. Later in the night my husband decided that he was going to start drinking since I wasn't and he started taking my drinks.

By 2 am, there were five of us sitting around the table - and everyone else was completely hammered. Everyone had a good time, and we finally got up to leave at about 3:45 am. One of the other staff members who lived just down the street walked home as we drove off. We had an hour drive to get home and I pulled into the driveway at around 5 am!

It has been a really long, really tiring weekend, and I'm exhausted. It would be one thing if I had been drinking, but no... I'm just tired!

I guess that I just can't party like it's 1999 anymore because my body knows it's not 22 anymore. That doesn't mean it won't happen again... just not any time soon!